Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 12:00AM - 10:30AM
Be a part of a leader when it comes to dairy! Dean Foods is a leading food and beverage company in the United States and one of the largest processors and direct store distributors of fresh fluid milk, sour cream, cottage cheese and ice cream. With regional brands such as Dean's , Dean's Country Fresh , and many others, along with national brand name products such as DairyPure and TruMoo , we continue to not only grow our company, but also contribute to the success and future development of over 16,000 associates across the country. Each of us work hard every day to make Dean Foods the most admired and trusted provider of wholesome, great-tasting dairy products at every occasion.
Job Description & Requirements
The Packaging Operator is responsible for running and maintaining packaging department equipment which includes labelers, scales, conveyors, casers, stackers, coders and other related packaging safely and efficiently in relation to material usage documentation, product waste, sealing, coding and weight control.
- Order packaging material (paper, poly, cartons) from storage as needed.
- Visually inspect boxes, cartons and other packaged materials for printing defects.
- Ensure proper sizing of product containers.
- Load packaging material onto machines in a timely manner to ensure no line stoppages.
- Observe operation of equipment and perform necessary adjustments to ensure product specifications are met.
- Perform net weight control checks and make equipment adjustments as needed.
- Communicate any changes in product flow, equipment malfunctions, shortages or deviations from specifications to Production Supervisor, maintenance or other operators verbally and/or in writing.
- Inspect packaging, coding and seals to verify conformance to specifications and performs necessary adjustments to ensure compliance
- Ensure the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler error.
- Ensure machine is supplied with correct material needed to run and complete log books as required.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months experence required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases up to 6-8 cases high.
- Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For ice cream plants: Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature is maintained at minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: logistics, logistics agent, logistics engineer, logistics intern, logistics support, pallet, servicer, supply chain, unloader, warehouse support