Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Working under the direction of the corporate controller and CFO, the assistant controller assists the controller in the management of the financial function of the business including: monitoring accounts payable and accounts receivable; preparing and updating forecasts and budgets; evaluating expenses and seeking cost savings for the company, and;preparing financial statements that meet standard accounting principles as well as state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee, monitors and works to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and database management.
- Audits work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with industry standards.
- Reviews and justifies expense reports and other expenditures.
- Assists with preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Prepares financial statements for the company.
- Helps maintain accountability of the financial resources of the company.
- Handles personally or supervises general ledger reconciliations.
- Ensures compliance with all internal audit controls.
- Assists controller with a variety of tasks as needed.
- Reviews monthly closing processes to prevent errors.
- Handles special projects as requested by management.
- Helps with the preparation of the yearly audit.
- Assists in safeguarding the assets of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Any of the following three (3) certifications will meet the requirement expectations.Certified Public Accountant (CPS) designation, Certified Financial Manager (CFM designation, or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation.
- Attends scheduled budget meetings and other financial meetings
- Training program through employer
- GAAP audit experience is preferred but not a requirement
This is an exempt position working a minimum of 40 hours per week as dictated by the workload with the understanding of working extended hours during month end close, audit field work or other times that may arise. This could mean working into the evening hours and weekends. This position will primarily be Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm . Wage is DOE $55,000 - $65,000.
This position will be located at our Corporate office in Billings, MT
Do you love Benefits?
Our company offers health, dental, and vision insurance fist of the month following thirty days of employment, company paid long term disability and life insurance, PTO accruals start immediately, paid holidays, and 401K with generous company match.
Pre employment drug screen required.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...